Quality Control Manager
The Lawrence J. Ellison Institute for Transformative Medicine strives to leverage technology, spark innovation, and drive interdisciplinary evidence-based research to reimagine and redefine cancer treatment, enhance health, and transform lives. Under the visionary leadership of David B. Agus, MD, the Ellison Institute was designed to tackle the difficult questions in health care and research to push the boundaries of medicine forward. To accomplish this, the Institute offers multifaceted programs, including a cancer center, cross-disciplinary research laboratories, a health policy think-tank, and community outreach and educational opportunities.
The Ellison Institute is seeking a talented and passionate Quality Control Manager (QCM) to join its team. This position, in collaboration with multiple departments including the Laboratory Operations team, will be responsible for maintaining integrity and a standard of high-quality best practices for our research and facility operations. The QCM will work closely with a committee of Institute leaders to establish the foundation of a total quality management system. This process will include the implementation and promotion of an Institute-wide culture of high-quality standards through education and accountability, identifying, developing, and implementing SOPs for departmental workflows, and executing inspections to prepare reports for the assessment of compliance and steps needed to maintain quality control across the Institute.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of biotechnology processes, analytical operations, quality systems and regulations
- Develop, educate, and deliver on quality-related training
- Document management and SOP development
- Assess compliance with departmental standard operating procedures
- Ensures information impacting quality management system processes is cascaded appropriately throughout the organization
- Collaborate with Research Consultants, Statisticians, Operations and Validation experts to provide quality oversight, process development consultation and collaboration on continuous improvement opportunities
- Support implementation of internal SOPs and workflows with monitoring of quality performance indicators
- Collaborate with personnel to conduct internal periodic reviews and identify best practices to drive proactive change
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement within Quality Assurance; act as champion on initiatives to drive improvement
- Help identify evaluate, implement, maintain, and provide training for digital records management systems supporting records management systems supporting quality management
- In addition to the Research operation, support total quality management of other Institute departments: Information Technology, Data Management, Computational Biology, Clinical and Lab Operations, Medical and Lab Safety, Public Relations, and Business Development.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for effective interaction with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
Salary: $90,000-$110,000 DOE
The Ellison Institute, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that an inclusive, collaborative team environment is just as important to our mission as stethoscopes and microscopes. We strive to always provide employees a supportive atmosphere, so they feel confident taking creative risks toward innovation. The Ellison Institute values emotional intelligence and communication with empathy and respect for others. We seek to build a diverse group of people who are curious, have a deep sense of responsibility, and the grit needed to achieve excellence.