The Lawrence J. Ellison Institute for Transformative Medicine strives to leverage technology, spark innovation, and drive interdisciplinary evidence-based research to reimagine and redefine cancer treatment, enhance health, and transform lives. Under the visionary leadership of David B. Agus, MD, the Ellison Institute was designed to tackle the difficult questions in health care and research to push the boundaries of medicine forward. To accomplish this, the Institute offers multifaceted programs, including a cancer center, cross-disciplinary research laboratories, a health policy think-tank, and community outreach and educational opportunities.
The Lawrence J. Ellison Institute is seeking a talented and passionate Accounting Manager to join its team. As part of the Ellison Institute, the Accounting Manager is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of the accounting department. The Institute is made up of a diverse group of innovative and talented professionals who work in a fast-paced environment that provides ongoing support to research projects, patient care, lab research and administrative operations.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for performing the following job duties:
- Oversee the monthly and quarterly accounting close process and continuously improve processes to scale with the organization
- Oversee expense tracking as well as procure-to-pay process
- Manage general ledger and review monthly and quarterly reconciliations
- Prepare timely and accurate financial statements, including in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Provide support and analysis in the preparation of management presentations
- Serve as the primary point of contact for external auditors
- Identify and implement improvements to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the day-to-day operations as well as the close process
- Demonstrate a strong culture of compliance by reviewing and adopting compliance policies, standard operating procedures, and forms
Bachelor’s or Master degree in Accounting/Finance
5+ years of accounting and financial management required
- 3+ years working with Netsuite required
- Strong understanding of GAAP and IFRS
- Demonstrated ability to leverage technology to improve processes
- Experience managing financial systems selection and implementation/integration
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills are required.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision as well as excellent organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to clearly communicate with different levels in the organization. Ability to communicate complex financial concepts to non-financial audiences.
Bachelor’s or Master degree in Accounting/Finance, CPA a plus
7+ years of accounting and financial management required; life science private company experience a plus. Experience in early stage/startup environment
The Ellison Institute, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that an inclusive, collaborative team environment is just as important to our mission as stethoscopes and microscopes. We strive to always provide employees a supportive atmosphere, so they feel confident taking creative risks toward innovation. The Ellison Institute values emotional intelligence and communication with empathy and respect for others. We seek to build a diverse group of people who are curious, have a deep sense of responsibility, and the grit needed to achieve excellence.