Preventative Health and Wellness Physician
The Lawrence J. Ellison Institute for Transformative Medicine strives to leverage technology, spark innovation, and drive interdisciplinary evidence-based research to reimagine and redefine cancer treatment, enhance health, and transform lives. Under the visionary leadership of David B. Agus, MD, the Ellison Institute was designed to tackle the difficult questions in health care and research to push the boundaries of medicine forward. To accomplish this, the Institute offers multifaceted programs, including a cancer center, cross-disciplinary research laboratories, a health policy think-tank, and community outreach and educational opportunities.
The professional staff of the wellness & oncology clinic is committed to delivering the highest quality of care by leveraging the technologies and tools available today to design and deliver data-driven, personalized treatment approaches for every individual. Our institute is the first organization of its kind to vertically integrate, under one roof, the interdisciplinary study and treatment of cancer and wellness into an adaptive feedback system to improve patient outcomes and fundamentally enhance cancer prevention, diagnosis and survival.
The Lawrence J. Ellison Institute is seeking a talented and passionate preventive health and wellness physician to join its team. At the wellness center at the Ellison Institute, individuals are empowered with cutting-edge technology and data-driven research to achieve optimal health and keep illness at bay. Our providers partner with individuals to develop personalized strategies to enhance health and identify disease at early stages, leading to better outcomes and simpler solutions. As part of the Ellison Institute, the physician s responsible for assisting in overseeing, directing, and growing the Wellness program. The physician is also responsible for performing diagnostic, therapeutic, preventive and health maintenance services as well as guiding the healthcare team in maintaining optimum quality of care of wellness patients. The Institute is comprised of a diverse group of innovative and talented professionals who work in a fast-paced environment that provides ongoing support to research projects, patient care, lab research, and administrative operations.
The physician is responsible for performing the following job duties:
- Participates in the design and development of EI’s Wellness Program
- Conducts in-depth interviews with patient and obtains medical histories
- Identifies and records pertinent progress of patients, updating and summarizing charts, changing orders when appropriate and notifying the responsible physician of changes in patients’ conditions
- Performs appropriate physical examinations and procedures such as injections and immunizations
- Develops and implements patient management plans, including the coordination of referrals to specialty and social services
- Directly performs or orders appropriate diagnostic studies
- Initiates consultations and monitors scheduling of patients for diagnostics studies
- Performs and/or interprets common laboratory, radiological, and other routine diagnostic testing
- Writes appropriate medication prescriptions
- Provides continuity of care in the management of complex illnesses
- Counsels patients on preventive care, treatment, and diagnoses
- Maintains compliance with established department policies and procedures, quality assurance, safety, environmental, and infection control and complies with requirements of accreditation and regulatory agencies.
- Participates in in-service education programs and professional associations.
The Ellison Institute, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that an inclusive, collaborative team environment is just as important to our mission as stethoscopes and microscopes. We strive to always provide employees a supportive atmosphere, so they feel confident taking creative risks toward innovation. The Ellison Institute values emotional intelligence and communication with empathy and respect for others. We seek to build a diverse group of people who are curious, have a deep sense of responsibility, and the grit needed to achieve excellence.